Events

 

On 26th May at 10.30, around 150 people attended  the  joint ecumenical service of Holy Communion held at the Temple in Pau between Saint Andrew’s Anglican church and the Eglise Réformée. This was the first service of its kind and therefore an historic occasion. Our relationship goes back to 1841 when the Temple was built as  a joint venture and ceded to the Reformed church only once the Anglicans had built three more churches in the town. The service was therefore by way of being a sharing of common history.

The preacher was the Archdeacon of France and Monaco, the Venerable Meurig Williams and the service was led by Canon Robert Dennis, chaplain of Saint Andrew’s and Pastor Helena Vicario of the Protestant Reformed church assisted by John Errey, Saint Andrew’s lay minister.

Joint Ecumenical Service
Ascension Day